Sunday, March 29, 2020

Watching Covid-19 cases

This last week I had started watching the count of cases for my county, Middlesex in Massachusetts, hoping to see things leveling off soon. (I'm looking at this site: Coronavirus COVID-19 (2019-nCoV). It seems legit.) Unfortunately the numbers are still climbing. When I started they were below 200. Today I see the number of active cases is 837. Yesterday the active count was in the 500's. According to the site there are no recoveries yet, which is I assume because all the cases are less than a couple weeks old and it takes at least that long for the disease to play out.

While the schools and almost all businesses have closed their locations, I still see kids playing at the playgrounds when I walk my dog. Just a few, but I wish people wouldn't do that. Still, better than New York City, which looks like it's going to be disaster.

Anyway, I short update. I'm still working at my job, thanks to telecommuting. I'm going to try to keep updating during this special period.


No comments:

Post a Comment